Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Muslim woman says life in danger as abusive husband released




Gülten Coşkun fell from a balcony as she tried to run away from her abusive husband, yet she was rescued.
Turkey - A woman who fell from a balcony as she tried to run away from her abusive husband has said her husband was released from the police station while she was still lying at the hospital. “My life is in danger now,” said Gülten Coşkun, a 31-year-old newlywed woman who was beaten up by her husband, Mehmet Akif Coşkun, on the 10th day of their marriage and fell from a balcony while trying to escape the violence, Anatolian Agency reported. Coşkun said her husband, with whom her marriage was arranged - has been threatening her since they were engaged. “In the first four days of our marriage he was very nice, but on the fifth day, after we had an argument, he beat me up, spit in my face and insulted me for five hours. I didn’t tell my family about any of this. I was covering the bruises with makeup when I visited them. And if someone asked, then I made up a story, like the door shut on me.” Coşkun said her husband did not let her go outside the apartment or see anyone. Full Story>>

Muslim woman says life in danger as abusive husband released http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=woman-says-life-in-danger-as-abusive-husband-released-2011-08-07

No comments:

Post a Comment